PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Nov 2014, 14:33
svicky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assessment 13Nov

Hello,

A big up for everyone that has shared their details from the assessments, it has really helped me a lot, so here is my contribution!

I did my assessment yesterday in London.
The day started in a breifingroom together with 7 other guys, we all sat down talking to eachother for 30minutes before the HR-guy came talking to us.

He explained how the day would look like, nothing special and he really made us feel calm and explained that they want us all and we are not competing against eachother.

Then the assessor came and talked about the simulator assessment, we went through the breifing package, we got plates for East Midlands rwy27 and we were told to pick our partner(I met up with a guy at the hotel the day before so we paired up)

We were the second group so we had about 1,5h to review and breif our flight together.

Then I was called for the interview with the assessor and the HR-guy. The HR-guy started asking me questions from the applicant-form (have you been in any accidents etc) then they asked me for all the paper then he asked me:

-Where did you do your training?
-What was the most challenging part of your training?
-What do you know about RA, how many ac?
-What have you heard about our training?
-What have you worked with earlier?
-What bases would you like?

Then he asked me to email him a work reference from a job I did 7 years ago,even though I had already brought 2 other work references...

Then the other guy asked me some technical questions:

-What airlane did you fly during your training? (cessna172 and da42)
-What do you think about the cessna and why?
-What engine is there in the cessna? (the manufacturer, I got a blackout and couldnt remember lycoming... I simply said that i couln't remember. He tried to make me guess but i didn't)
-Do you have problems with carb-ice in the cessna?(no since it's fuel injection)
-Do you have a lot of problems with icing in sweden? how do you solve it?
-What me ac did you fly?
-Does it have a critical engine and why?
-How do the de-icing work on that ac?
-What kind of engines?

Then he continued with the following questions regarding the 737

-What kind of wings to the 737 has?
-Advantages/disadvantage of swept wings?
-What is Mcrit?
-What is machtuck?
-How to we prevent it?
-If we want to fly that fast, how come we are able to land?(he was looking for high lift devices)
-What kind of hld do the 737 has?

He also asked me what kind of fighter jets we have in Sweden and where they are based... and that was the end of the i

I got the feeling that they ask you questions they think you know and you can take the interview in the direction you know, for example I said that one advantage of swept wings is to raise the mcrit, then he directly asked me what mcrit was and so on.

Really relaxed and that are not trying to bust you, just be yourselves and dont make any guesses, if you don't know the answer, simply say so!

Then we had another 30min before the simulator to breif.

In the simulator I started as PF and I did so in the left seat. We were cleared the Wallasey 2N departure. we did the emergency breif and to breif and then we took off from rwy27 with winds 240/10

Halfway through the SID he told us to turn left heading 120 and then he wanted me to do som climbs/descends and turns. then we got a call from the cabin saying we had a man with a heart attack and they had tried everything and nothing worked, I told her to standby and gave the controls and radio to my PM. Then I breifed him of the situation and we did the DODAR and decided to go back to east midlands. Then I called the CC while pm declared a PAN. I was going to give the NITZ breifing but the assessor just said OK.

we got cleared radarvectors towards the NDB for the approach and while he took care of that i fixed everything for the approach and breifed it before I took the controls again. Then we did the full procedure Ndb/DME appch for rwy 27 got down to minimums with contact and then asked my pm to confirm with tower that we are cleared to land, unfortunately there was a vehicle on the runway so we had to goaround.

After cleaning up he freezed the simulator and positioned me at the descent point again so that I could fly the approach and land.

Then we swapped and the other guy got almost the same flight except for that there was football hooligans fighting in the back stabbing each other with broken bottles. We tried by severla means to calm them down but as suspected nothing helped... same kind of approach again with g/a and replaced for another appch.

I think that the most important factor in the simulator is the CRM, and that it is better to be to clear with what to do than not.
I am satisfied with how we did but it is impossible to tell what the assessor thinks.

No matter what I am one experience richer and I got the opportunity to meet som nice guys.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best!