PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Marham posting
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2014, 11:49
Autobahnstormer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaah, happy memories. Spent 9 years of my life there as a scaley. The Bell pub knocked down - I went to school with the Landlords son, I even remember his name, not bad going for a forgetful old knacker like me. TTN & PN you mist have known or even flown with Pater who is still living the dream in the Alps. 'El-Adem with grass' Dad told me that there was an entry in SSO's that forbade calling it that. I visited a while back and not a lot had changed, the swimming pool behind the NAAFI had been filled-in, our old OMQ hadn't changed a bit. Nowadays, being a bit better travelled I'd think twice about living there but that's a purely personal observation - shopping trips were to Swaaaaaffum or Downham market, Lynn was a once a month treat. The freezer was full of Pheasants that were regularly mown down on the road, my Mum being the worst culprit with a kill ration of at least two a month, and I remember the storms when the Valiant near the Ops Block nearly got airborne, the wind-speed was that high. Many other memories have come back form my dim & distant past, all good ones thankfully.Autobahnstormer