PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2014, 11:45
Nassensteins Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYSTI, I think you're missing the Big Picture. My point is even by their own definition QFI is getting to the point where it justifies investing in the business. When they do, there may be flow-on consequences for manpower.

No consultation is required for movements within a port.
Really? Then how am I to interpret the following clause?

61. CONSULTATION ABOUT CHANGES TO ROSTERS OF HOURS OF WORK
61.1 Where an employer proposes to change an employee’s regular roster or ordinary
hours of work, the employer must consult with the employee or employees affected and their representatives, if any, about the proposed change.
61.2 The employer must:
61.2.1 provide to the employee or employees affected and their representatives, if
any, information about the proposed change (for example, information about
the nature of the change to the employee’s regular roster or ordinary hours of
work and when that change is proposed to commence);
61.2.2 invite the employee or employees affected and their representatives, if any, to
give their views about the impact of the proposed change (including any
impact in relation to their family or caring responsibilities); and
61.2.3 give consideration to any views about the impact of the proposed change that
are given by the employee or employees concerned and/or their
representatives.
61.3 The requirement to consult under this clause does not apply where an employee has
irregular, sporadic or unpredictable working hours.
61.4 These provisions are to be read in conjunction with other Agreement provisions
concerning the scheduling of work and notice requirements.
61.5 For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause 61 operates to reduce or restrict
the rights of employees under clauses 22, 24, 41, 42, 43 and 44A of this Agreement.