PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Nov 2014, 09:16
Stijn89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the assessment yesterday no tricks they really try to calm your nerves didn't work for....
Hi Neil! Shame you weren't able to come to Dublin city, was awesome!

Anyway, I had my assesment the same day (12th of november).
Was the first one to go for the interview, 2nd group in the sim.

During the tech interview I was asked:
- weak points of the cfm56 when working on it (since I was a jet engine mechanic)
- what type of engines are they, and what are the pros of this
- where does the 737 get his hydraulic power from
- how many hydraulic systems on the 737 and at what pressure
- how are the flight controls operated
- how is the landing gear operated
- explain me the wing of the 737, starting from the tip
(i started with explaining the winglets, and then he asked about the ailerons and what else is used during a turn. Then to the trailing and leading edge high lift devices, to end with explaining the vortex generators)

HR interview was :
- Why RYR
- why that flight school
- have you had many different instructors during training
- what was the hardest part during training
- why did you wait 1 year to apply for RYR
- 3 bases

Next was the sim, very happy with my simpartner as we both did our mcc on the 737. Our procedures where almost exactly the same.
Airport was Dublin, SID Liffy 4A, flown up to the VOR. Then take heading 100, some climbs and descends, slow down to 170kts with flaps 5, vectors for the ILS, go around at minimums (but visual), vectors ILS but on the ILS we got G/S and LOC failure so we used the ndb to track to the runway and used DME/Altitude read out. Landing.

Switched seats, basically same flight for my partner, except that he had no vectors and was to track to the ndb, then self position for the ILS (outbound 140 to 10DME, then left turn to intercept localizer), landing.
APU fire on the runway, advice atc, engine shutdown and evacuate.

That was it, i found it strange we didn't get any emergencies in the air.

Overall I think it went pretty well. Could answer all the tech questions, sim went well, was happy with it.

Now just hope for that positive call...

25 yrs old Belgian guy
214 TT
89% average ATPL, 1 retake
first time passes CPL and IR

@speed alive rotate: our group was: 2 UK, 1 Belgian, 1 French, 1 Spanish, 1 Finnish, 1 German and an Italian guy

Last edited by Stijn89; 14th Nov 2014 at 13:47.