PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2014, 05:19
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A matter of conscience – methinks.

LL - You don't need the aircraft you just need the recorders.
Semantics, whatever, perhaps it's become more a matter of principal rather than a pressing need, a holy hand grenade sort of thing, to knock down a brick wall of deceit and malice aforethought. The Senate, CASA and the ATSB all know full well that the report must be withdrawn and the entire case honestly re examined. The attempt to diffuse, dilute and dust off the issue failed; and failed miserably. It was amateur hour, handled at the coal face by totally misguided, inept, unqualified, overweening egos.

Leave the bloody CVR/FDR to rot; just publicly fire the two CASA twerps who mismanaged and manipulated the 'evidence' to suit and in doing so, compromised the entire CASA. Get rid of those who aided and abetted them. Restore a sense of purpose and pride in both ATSB and CASA. Cut out the rot, to save the tree. No one can operate a government service where none can look their clients in the eye, without knowing that we know to what depths some will sink to. There are only two camps, the willing accomplices, or those who are unafraid to speak out against the iniquity. Two choices, no options; except resignation and scampering off to live quietly on the super and attempt to assuage a guilty conscience.

Better to openly and honestly seek forgiveness from an offended industry; for permission to act as they did was surely never granted.

Selah..

I do repent. But heaven hath pleased it so,
To punish me with this and this with me,
That I must be their scourge and minister.
I will bestow him and will answer well
The death I gave him. So, again, good night.
I must be cruel only to be kind.
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
One word more, good lady—