PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 medical examiner
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2014, 03:16
NGFellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheu, KT Miri, Sarawak Malaysia 60 8543 8068 English
Sagoo, DS 50088 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia 603 2382 3500 English
Singh, BJ Selangor Malaysia 603 7956 6878 English

It is a good idea to get your medical before you start flight training. In case you have a medical issue that may affect your ability to pursue a career it is best to find out before you invest a small fortune. About 30 years ago a friend of mine from South America came to the U.S for flight training and completed his training. He did have an FAA medical (Class I) as you all know FAA medical by and large is a walk in the park. In many cases, waiting for the Dr. is longer than the medical itself. Anyway, he went back to his home country to fly for his National airline only to fail the entrance medical because of a heart arrhythmia that was never detected by the FAA. That ended his career, before it even started. He lost all that money as well. You must know the medical requirements of where you will plan to fly. It's not enough to just get an FAA or Canadian medical. If you are from Bangladesh, find out the requirements, get a Bangladesh medical (First Class) or at least do all the testing to make sure you can pass. I would hate for you to get a Canadian medical, go for training, return and then fail a local medical. Asian countries have much more stringent requirements.