PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2014, 14:50
Danny.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ashb - I think you have looked at it from the wrong angle, people where trying to establish whether it was the case that applicants with better academic results had been selected over them. At least that is what I was trying to do.

I personally don't think anyone with a degree see it as a "free pass" in to any career, especially not if it is in a totally unrelated field.
I don't have a degree but when I do I would never adopt that mentality, those who do I think are sadly mistaken. In life you get where you do by hard work and merit not arrogance like that.

Thank you for clarifying that it is not my academic achievements which lost me the opportunity and confirming the area of weakness on which I have to work. I did try to phone CTC to see if this was the case but it kept going to a voicemail system - the person listening on the other end must be sick of hearing my name and number by know.

To all successful applicants you should be proud you have gotten this far!!! Good luck with stage 2 and 3, I wish you all the best.

Let us know the outcome either way as it would be great to hear of some fellow forum members getting this opportunity.