PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2014, 14:20
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My reference to the A310MRTT was to indicate that Airbus is quite capable of designing and building tanker transports which do NOT require a 6 year gestation period.....
Uh huh. And that is relevant to the delivered product how? I never remotely questioned Airbus' ability to design and build a tanker. I was discussing the features of the delivered product, not the gestation difficulties associated with that product. Your obsession with "inferior" and "superior" is now causing you to disparage the development process when your attempts to disparage the product failed. Is this not an example of the "weird agenda" spoken of earlier?

KC-767I development was unbelievably protracted.
No more so than Aussie MRTT development. One could easily argue that the Aussie MRTT development was more protracted than the Italian KC-767 development. And in any event, that is utterly irrelevant to this discussion and an example of a desperate grasping at straws.

Perhaps that was to enable ol'Bubba's lot to obtain data for the Frankentanker, rather than to deliver a very simple aircraft on time and on budget? IAI are capable of doing so with their B767 derivatives, so why aren't Boeing?
Your obsession with "inferior" and "superior" is now causing you to disparage the vendor when your attempts to disparage the product have failed. Is this not yet another example of the "weird agenda" spoken of earlier?

As to why, I do not know, and neither do you. But if you really want an answer I can certainly speculate.

First, do you understand the technical and developmental differences between an aircraft with a flying boom with a RARO station, plus centerline hose/drogue system, plus wing hose/drogue pods and with military avionics, versus a "simple" former commercial aircraft equipped with just wing hose/drogue pods? It would seem not.

Second, do you know the difference between a production certificate, a modification certificate, and a service/maintenance certificate? Do you know what an STC is? Do you know the differences between the FAA's, the JAA's and USAF's certification requirements relative to Israel's, Colombia's and Brazil's certification requirements? Your answer almost surely lies there.

And in any event all these side issues are totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand, are examples of both a "weird agenda" and desperation, and are non sequiturs. Good for you.

And finally, you never answered if you understood the differences between ZFW, OEW, and MEW and how this affected the "in the know" boys' (comical) discussion of the Voyager.

Last edited by KenV; 13th Nov 2014 at 14:32.