PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ announcement
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2014, 07:01
A185F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah right, just checked out QF link prices on a 1 hour sector SYD TAM on a Q400 $277AUD plus $70 AUD tax approx. 380 NZD. Their fully flex fare was $490AUD plus tax just over $600 kiwi one way! There is no miracle cure to the regional issue, it costs!
I know, was just a stab

Believe me there is a whole wide world of airlines out there, Air NZ is not the 'be all and end all' by any stretch of the imagination.
I was meaning in NZ, but I hear you and I'm happy to move over seas if I have to, the only problem is where ?

I don't have 500 jet to get the expatriate jet jobs or the heavy, efis turbo prop command time for the one or two jet operators out there that will take international guys without jet experience.
In nz, Air New Zealand is the only way to get that heavy turbo prop experience (I drive a sub 5700kg turbo prop so doesnt make the grade)

Which overseas operator will actually take an foreigner, get them a visa and give them an entry level turbo prop or jet job ??

Being a Kiwi the only easy place is Australia, but who's ACTUALLY hiring there ? All I hear about is redundancies and / or zero movement.

If you can name me some international operators that would give a foreigner an entry level airline job I would be forever great full !