PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ announcement
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2014, 01:23
A185F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hold an ATPL with a bit fair more flying under my belt than the average successful applicant, but no ue and 12 years ago I failed a cpl exam twice (p of f I think) in the not so long ago days of self study with rag tag hand-me-down notes. I was essentially told by HR that I won't get a chance to work for Air NZ.
Its a bit of a kick in the guts to basically be told don't bother, being that it was flying with them on the old 737 200s and Air Nelson (pre koru) metros as 6 year old UM that made me want to work for them ever since.

Now that they are basically the only airline here these days, the chances of that long dreamed of airline career in nz is practically zero.

Be bloody great if Qantas sent over some of those lovely Q400s to go up and down the main trunk and to the major regions connecting with their 737s,- and maybe some of the good 3rd level operators like Sounds connecting the smaller regions to them as well. I reckon that would be alright, bit of competition and the smaller regions not left out !