PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 22:28
GetTheQRH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

After tweaking my essay questions about 34269342 times, I finally threw caution to the wind and pressed submit today - I don't think I can cope with all the suspense!

Having spoke to CTC over the weekend, I can confirm that an automated system ONLY checks for simple things (i.e that you are at least 18 on April 31st 2015, you are within the height limits etc.). I assume that it automatically throws away applications with data outside of these parameters. The Essay questions are the main focus for deciding who get's put through based upon a scoring system that is applied by the member of the selection team reading your responses.

Many people being rejected seem to be saying "but wait... I exceed the criteria?!" It has been made really clear by both CTC and Virgin that this is a competition based selection, not criteria based. If it was simply criteria based (considering it only asks for GCSEs) then I could guarantee that pretty much 99% of those that have applied would need to be put through to the next phase. Instead, as long as you meet the most basic requirements, we are competing against each other based upon our ability to compose a passionate argument, our ability to express a competency story, and our ability to demonstrate why we're the "right stuff" for the job. A degree is not a 'free pass' into a job, simply because you have it. Heck, i've only got GCSEs and i'm able to see that this is the case.

Hope this helps at all - and good luck to all me fellow candidates!