PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSOCAS
Thread: ATSOCAS
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 16:25
Moli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTP

So I have an attitude for a PPL holder...weird thing to say but hey, your prerogative.

If we are talking about the same units that I think we are, the edge of CAS to the destination airfield is just 13nm, well within the radar coverage of that unit. That ac in question is an inbound to that Unit not a LARS track for another adjacent unit to work.
If it is the airfield I think you believe it to be and they are non SSR they can still provide a DS and should have asked the pilot what TOS he required and not simply imposed TS on him. There is however doubt in my mind that it is the non SSR airfield you assume it to be as they pass TI ref an ac at 5000, how did they know it was at 5000 feet if they had no SSR?
The inbound unit then introduced a risk of collision by vectoring the ac at the 5000 foot traffic that they called to their inbound. Once the conflict had been introduced, duty of care dictates they should have done something to mitigate it but they simply said you are on a TS cleared level 5000 and lets not forget, the ac is of course on a radar vector pointing at the conflicting traffic issued by the ATCO he is talking to. ....

When you say you haven't criticised the Mil Unit as you haven't named them, if I can work it out so can others and then you go on to have a further swipe in your last post, very professional.

Anyway I'm not going to back and forth with you, you have your thoughts and I have mine.

Moli

Last edited by Moli; 12th Nov 2014 at 17:27. Reason: Spelling Oops