PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 31 Sqn are returning to the UK
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 16:15
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goudie, are you really comparing Danny to Typhoon93?

I can see what Danny, and others, bring to the table, even though, like myself, are no longer serving.

What exactly is it that the the wider community get from the postings of Typhoon93?

He really ought to be content with being allowed to read the thoughts of (mostly) military aviation people, past and present, and leave it at that. Until such time as he has something to contribute, he'd do better to keep his head down. He's been told so, in a number of ways, by quite a few posters but he's ignoring that advice. Whether that's in order to provoke discussion or as a result of his mental illness is hard to establish.

Either way, I can't see how it advances his stated aim of becoming a Typhoon Pilot.

Advice needed for aspiring RAF pilot
Hi all,

I am in my early 20's now and am fascinated with aircraft, and wanted to be a fast jet pilot in the RAF. I understand this is a pipe dream for many and a reality for few.

Academia wise, I am working on becoming better at mathematics and once I have re-took that qualification next year I will be going back to college to do my A levels for initial officer training if I am selected. I'll also be hitting the gym to be in a good physical shape.

Unfortunately I wear glasses (but can switch to contacts) - will this be a problem?

Can anybody offer any advice on how to sell myself to the Forces as and when I am ready to stand a better chance of passing the aptitude tests at the Forces recruitment office to get the opportunity to do the flying aptitude test at Cranwell? Activities that are desired? Previous flying experience?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If the RAF and the possibility of being selected to fly fast jets is a problem, then what about AAC or FAA?

Thank you.
Mental health took over when I was in my mid teens although now I have started to get back on my feet and I want to change my life. It affected me badly in exams and since Maths GCSE's are now 100% exam-based and have been since around 2008-2009, that is why I failed it. Unfortunately I couldn't help my health at that time, it's a struggle but now I am able, I want to go for it.