PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More KC-46A woes....
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 16:10
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

So one one hand we have people saying what Airbus are offering is ****e and ole Bubba's wonder jet pisses all over it......
Odd claim. No one even remotely suggested that "what Airbus are offering is ****e". That's a fabrication. Lots of follks are saying that what Airbus and what Boeing are offering are different. And which differences are "better" depends on the needs and the priorities of the user.

So Boeing had all the skills and the expertise and no product in the air still yet according to those "truly in the know" is the best and will out perform Airbus by orders of magnitude....
"No product in the air?" Really? The "in the know" boys apparently don't know that Italy and Japan are flying KC-767s now and said KC-767 was flying in 2005. First flight of the A330MRTT was in 2011, six years AFTER the KC-767. And real "in the know" folks understand that while it's true that the KC-46 is not yet flying, the KC-45 is literally infinitely farther from getting off the ground. Those truly "in the know" understand that it's utterly ludicrous to compare the first flight of the KC-46 with the first flight of the MRTT.

As for which tanker "out performs" the other, only the "in the know" boys are attempting to make "performance" comparisons. Most truly "in the know" folks are comparing the different FEATURES of the KC-767, A330MRTT, and KC-46 and how different customers put different priorities on these different FEATURES. Thus different customers make different procurement decisions, some (wisely) choosing the KC-767, some (wisely) choosing the MRTT, some (wisely) the KC-30, and some (wisely) the KC-46.

Or course some would say those choices had nothing to do with wisdom, or needs, or requirements, and it was all just politics. I'm not one of those.

I mean, how many Multi role tankers did Airbus build before MRTT? Vs Bubba?
That's an odd question, but OK, I'll bite. "Bubba" has been building (and has built literally HUNDREDS of) multi-role tankers since before Airbus even existed.

I don't smell pork barrels here at all.
I'd recommend seeing a doctor about that problem.

Last edited by KenV; 12th Nov 2014 at 16:21.