PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSOCAS
Thread: ATSOCAS
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2014, 14:20
LostThePicture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moli,

No attitude? For someone who describes him/herself as a "PPL", you certainly seem to have an attitude...

No, I haven't stated any facts. I'm fairly confident that I was not present at the time of the OP's scenario, but s/he has asked for an ATC opinion, and I have given it.

I am comfortable with the assumptions I have made in providing my opinion, because as I stated they are based on experience of events which are commonplace.

I fail to see how I can be accused of criticising an ATSU when it hasn't been identified. It does not take a genius to work out that, given the circumstances described, the military unit would not be shortlisted for this year's "Great contributions to air traffic safety". The exact names of the airfields are, to a greater or lesser extent, an irrelevance.

I have a pretty good excuse for not working the traffic outside CAS, and it's not because "I can't be arsed". It is partially because it isn't really my task, especially when I might have 15-20 other customers on frequency of a higher priority. But it's mostly because, once traffic is below FL70, the level of service I can legally provide means that the pilot will probably be better off listening to Radio 5 Live than to me.

LTP