PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2014, 21:34
ManUtd1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is that reassuring to hear? What, a 777 or 787 over an airbus? I can't help but notice you're at the aspiratinal stage going from your posts. At your stage wouldn't you be glad to be given a turbine kite to fly given many are kicking around on PPRuNe unemployed? Do yourself a favour and look back a few years and you'll see posts from low hours- qualified pilots happy when they found a turboprop job after years of graft. I'm sorry to be harsh but high-brow-without the experience posts like the above only piss off experienced people more and further drive home the current pilot equivalent of "immigration" in the uk which is cadet pilots.
Someone's feeling grumpy Seeing as you mention it, yes I am at the "aspirational stage" - weren't we all once? One day after "years of graft" to fund training maybe I will get a turboprop job and I'm sure I'd be very happy to do so. In the meantime, the Virgin cadet scheme is a fantastic opportunity for me and all the thousands of other wannabe's. I wouldn't prefer a 787 over an Airbus as you suggest. I enquired to re-assure myself that Virgin look after their pilots, that the job I am applying to is secure in any fleet re-structuring. I'm not going to apologise for asking lots of questions, finding out as much about the profession as I can and seeking advice. 100 grand is a lot of money as it is without entering the whole process blind.