PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai ATC
Thread: Dubai ATC
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2014, 17:50
Btrbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falcon...

Good Evening Falcon...

What I mean is this... in order to pass the APC you have to achieve the required spacing 80% of the time. As you know it is 8-12 at Muvla and 15-19 at Riket for the departures. If you are not within those distances 80% of the time, you fail, period, end of story. It matters not what you do on Arrival or Director, or by how far you miss the 80%. Nor does it matter if they think you can actually do the job.

My case in point... I worked at DFW approach and IAH approach. (One of your recent hires was a crewmate of mine at DFW). I did not achieve the 80% on departures. However, on Arrival, I was told that I ran that problem the best it could possibly be done. He told me I had almost all 4's, and a couple of 3's on the scoring sheet. He told me he had no doubt he could put me in training in the IFR room and I would be certified in minimum time. The Director problem was much the same, though they didn't like my use of non-standard headings... ok... whatever... Hadn't vectored in 6 months at the time...

But the reason I was not offered a job was simply because I did not meet the 80% on the spacing for departures. I never had too little... only too much a few times.

So that is what I meant. I know the customer is not real happy with the results of the APC... and in August I was told they were looking into it. Great, but too late me. I now have a job down the road from you guys and am just as happy as I can be! I do wish you guys the best, but until that APC is changed, my comments stand as they are.

Talk to you on the line!