PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bi annual Revalidation Flight Expired
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2014, 15:15
Level Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChickenHouse,
Your Post uses misleading or inaccurate terminology and ends up being, pretty much, completely wrong.

You do not seem to have read the previous Posts within this Thread, and certainly not my Post, that you have quoted, and which prompted your reply.

I said 'Revalidation' you talk of 'Renewal'. They are not the same thing - and, in particular, a Renewal can only be achieved via a Licensing Proficiency Check.

I specifically said 'Revalidation by Experience' not by Proficiency Check.

you only keep your renewal date, if the bi-annual training flight is within 90 days before SEP expires
The 'window' is not 90 Days, Part-FCL says 3 Months (so could be 92 Days).

For Revalidation by Proficiency Check: An LPC would have to be taken within 3 Months of expiry in order not to lose any existing SEP Rating validity.

For Revalidation by Experience: The Dual Training Flight could be any time in the 12 Months prior to expiry without losing any existing SEP Rating validity.

Under EU regulations time between checkrides never exceed 2 years.
There is no such thing as a 'checkride' under EASA.

Even if you meant LPC the statement is still wrong:

- An LPC may not be necessary at all if Revalidation by Experience is used, so time between them could be infinity.

- An LPC for Renewal or Revalidation more than 3 months prior to expiry will result in the Rating being valid for 2 Years from the end of the month the LPC was taken in - so Rating could be valid for 2 Years and 30 Days after the LPC.

- An LPC for Revalidation within 3 Months of the expiry date would result in a Rating valid for 2 Years from the expiry date of the current Rating - so Rating could be valid for up to 2 Years and 91 Days after the LPC.