PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA : "Fat and Happy Days" are over, says DPM Lee Hsien Loong
Old 24th May 2003, 22:44
twitchy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should know that "CHINA MEN" are very smart. I am not being cynical or sarcastic.

It can't be helped this is the fault of them being over protected. Can any one tell me how many locals have left SIA to seek jobs any where in the world. SIA has grown up with Locals and Expats together. I always wonder why don't these over protected guys write letters to editor atleast puting their view point to the local population. This Dr. Cheong, LH Lee, LKY or PM they are all members of the same mafia and the armchair generals the henchmen. How nicely first the armchair generals comes on the scene followed by Mr Cheong, LH Lee and finally Mr GCT (PM) and starts the disinformation and misinformation campaign against SIA pilots. Does one see that they are blaming the all SIA pilots, whereas the fact is that the opinion of the expat pilots have been kept away by ALPAS in deciding the course of action. In the bargain every one in Singapore is made to believe that all the pilots (SIN Based) are Recalcitrant, disobedient and obstinate are against the so called interest of SIA indirectly the interest of the shareholders majority of whom are Singaporean and finally the interest of the island state. This media campaign is all coocked one and I fail to understand the
editor of the Starait Times.

I agree to ALPAS demand that in the bad times the seconded pilots should go first and then the Expats and at last the Locals.........

This shows that the management of SIA has no respect or regards to the Collective agreement which was forced down the throat of ALPAS by the armchair generals 2 years ago. You mean that in this so called democratic country there is no sanctity of the labour laws. You mean that the laws are drafted and passed by the pupet parliament to the whims and fancies of the few. And later when its seen that this law doesn't suit them the same can be throw to the rubbish. I am sorry to say all this but this is the fact.

Dr Cheong said:

“SIA is a marvellous company and a great airline. Ask anyone anywhere in the world. We did not earn our place in reputable listings of the world's most admired companies for nothing. It is the result of decades of sweat ( some one should ask him whose sweat was it, certainly not his, his was wasted in Air NZ and Ansett but he still gets the job in OCBC bank), sound strategy (to suck the blood of the employees) and loyalty to our core values of safety, customer service, concern for staff, integrity, professional excellence and teamwork.” (yes integrity, professionalism and teamworkshown to the HIS masters in the government)

its looks like a shameful abuse of the core values "Concern for staff". Some people have been asked to quit under the semblance of poor performance and some are being sent on forced indefinite no pay leave, if not get fired. The poor pilots have been given choices like:

1) Take 3 months pay and get out
2) Take 3 months notice and get out
3) Go on long No Pay Leave, you can't work any where else, you are not entitled for any monetary benefit from the SIA, yes the only benefit you have is that you avail their worst in the world staff travel ( seats are empty so why not fill them with 10% fare). If and when SIA needs you, will call you.

"What a wonderful fulfilment of a great "concern for the staff"
any CEO should hang his head down in shame if this is the concern for staff. Isn't it a total bonded labour my friend. Any way less written is better.

I am fed up with all this lies and liesmy friends......... bye for now

TWITCHY