PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 10th Nov 2014, 17:47
gr4techie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T93
PRK would be the option I'd go for regardless since it is the most practised, and subsequently there is a lot more experience. I am not saying LASIK is bad, or those who perform it are bad, it's just that I am more comfortable that way.
When I had my eyes done, Lasik with wavefront was the best treatment available. The qualified Doctor who did my eyes has been doing laser eye surgery since 1991 and has done 13,000 patients.

Maybe PRK has been done more if it is an older technology and cheaper. It doesn't mean it is better.

But don't take my word for it, you really should speak to the qualified experts who are in the know.

Why is childhood asthma (however the asthma symptoms are no longer present and have not been for some time, if at all) so frowned upon for Aircrew duties?
Because OASC can pick and choose who they want. If they always have more applicants than vacancies they can afford to turn down anyone. If they have 2 candidates for 1 position, one has asthma and the other doesn't, they will take the less risk candidate.