PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2014, 16:22
longbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been involved in the 505 project as part of the customer advisory board from inception, this is held in the States and I will be in the States later this week to further go through progress made.

Yes I take your point things can be taken personally, but this is not the case with me, I am a pilot, (with a lot of hours on the 206)and many years in the industry. The 505 is going to be a great move for Bell and a fantastic helicopter for its customers.

You question the need for FADEC, all new aircraft are now fitted with FADEC, it is not only the start that you gain benefit from, what would you suggest a manual modulated start still?. If FADEC had not been fitted, surly this would have been a negative from people claiming no advancement?

The blades on the 505 are L4 blades, as is the transmission, mast, swashplate, head, tail rotor gearbox and tail rotor blades.

The orders placed so far do include deposits with PA's signed, the 505 is going to be a very popular helicopter, the orders speak for themselves, as more information can be released I will be delighted to share it with you.

Last edited by longbox; 10th Nov 2014 at 18:16.