PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2014, 12:34
longbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The engine was chosen as it was the only option that comes with twin FADEC, don't recall seeing that 53 years ago, the tail boom is longer and a new design with the single stab staying, not dual with fins. The seats that are in the three mock ups vary in finish and are not the finished product, the seats on my time showing the aircraft off have been met with zero problems, they will have leather not rag and tube as per the Blackhawk. The transmission does incorporate a new design isolation mount. The speed will be higher than a standard 206, it is Long ranger running gear which has a higher speed than the JR, and bear in mind it is lugging much less weight around than when on the L4.
Most of the 250 plus orders and a mixed bag, in the UK it is mainly 120, R44 and existing 206 owners coming through and a surprising number of cancelled 66 or new owners, we also have over 25 just for the UK.
I have been involved in this product form inception and I look forward to carrying out demos throughout the uk, incidentally, the UK is the launch country for Europe.