PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WIF DH8D questions
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2014, 07:58
MrGren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WIF DH8D questions

Hi.

I have some questions regarding how Wideroe operates their Dash 8-Q400's and also some general questions about aviation.

Hopefully the amount of questions aren't overwhelming

1. In the absence of a noise abatement procedure (do turboprops follow NDAP1/2?), what is the "default" acceleration height of Wideroe's Q400's?

2. Do you use the reduced thrust function for takeoffs?

3. Do you land with max RPM or 850?

4. What is your typical cruise and descent speed (Vmo-10/20 etc)?

5. Do you ever tanker fuel to certain airports? What are some of those airports?

6. I read that Wideroe's "load factor" is around 60%, but I presume the smaller -100/200s skew the numbers a bit. What are typical passenger numbers on the Q400 flights?

Are there any limits to where a flight is canceled if not enough tickets have been sold?

7. On some shorter flights the difference between the flightplan distance and the great circle route can be quite big in percentage.

When flying to less busy airports do you ever file a flightplan without a STAR and just go direct to the VOR of the airport or the IAF?

8. As an example: BGO-AES. The flightplan distance with SID and STAR might be 30-70nm longer than the direct route.

If the weather is clear and the STAR takes you a long way around, would you ever leave the STAR and go visual in the descent to save time?

9. Lets say your destination has a LOC/ILS that is almost straight in from the departure, would you ever (if weather allows) fly that approach but circle to land at the opposite runway? Or do you mostly fly the longer STAR or approach?

10. Is it common that ATC will give you vectors deviating from the SID to expedite your departure?

Thanks in advance!

/William

Last edited by MrGren; 10th Nov 2014 at 08:01. Reason: tidying up