PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check Ride. Not happy with your DPE, what can you do?
Old 9th Nov 2014, 22:13
morley846

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mitch,

I had a similar thing happen to me on my Multi-Engine Commercial Checkride. I asked another examiner for advice and he put it in pretty clear terms. If you are doing this as a career and you have 30 years ahead of you do you really want to piss off the FAA and have them scrutinise you for the future by complaining or take it on the chin and be able to explain it at interview with no FAA hassle.

Now the advice didn't sit well with me as he was obviously looking out for the DPE. Fortunately I managed to arrange a compromise on the re-check with regards to the fee. In my opinion it's not worth the hassle complaining and dealing with the FAA. You may think they are fair but if you deal with the wrong person they can make your life and career miserable/impossible. You passed on the re-check, explain the failure at interview and move on. Trust me long term it's the best option. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth but focus on the bigger picture and the end goal.

Just my two cents!