PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS to NPPL to EASA PPL?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2014, 18:35
captain echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAS to NPPL to EASA PPL?

I have been in the UAS and gained the majority of my flying hours from there. I have just finished off converting this experience to an NPPL. I would like to upgrade this to a full EASA PPL; from what I understand I need to convert to an LAPL then complete a training course of 10 hours dual and 5 solo. I have a few questions about this, I have spoken to my current flying school, but no one seems very sure what to do, I have searched for similar topics and tried to contact the CAA but have had limited success so far:

I have completed all the required exercises on the full PPL and have instrument and radio nav time, so for the 10 hours additional dual training (after converting to the LAPL) I was thinking of doing a night rating and an aeros course, and then some solo time at the end. Would this be considered acceptable for an upgrade to EASA PPL, or does it need to be PPL Syllabus based?

I was under the impression that if I did the full PPL length QXC for the NPPL that I could reuse this for the conversion, however I have recently been told that I would have to do it again, is this correct or can I reuse my previous QXC?

After submitting the paperwork for the LAPL conversion I assume that I would have to wait until the converted licence is received back before I can start my additional 15 hours of training?

And just to confirm I would then need to do a PPL GST at the end of it all?

Thanks