PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL/EASA/NPPL?????
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2014, 11:23
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a 3-axis Microlight, and a Light Group "a" can be almost identical, just how much training is nrrded for conversion FROM "A" to "M" ?

Half an hour to demonstrate to the "qualified person" that you not only know about the smaller mass,wing-loading, inertia and lower stall and max.speeds, but are able to show that you can apply this knowledge to handling the machine safely.

Everyone's busy arguing semantics of CAP and ANO and EASA,,,,,but less than £100 will probably see you with a (totally unnecessary) logbook endorsement and watertight qualification to fly Grp. M 3-axis.

I think it's pretty self-evident why the shift inthe other direction (from "M" to "A") has a greater training requirement.

All this bollocks is the reason I have not pursued the idea of flying.

A few hundred for a dinghy,life-jacket and insurance and membershipof the local sailing-club....bags of fun,racing if you want it very few restrictions.
True freedom!
Bang-for -buck is incomparable. (yes, you can buy a cruiser and gain the qualifications needed to "go foreign", for under £5k)

EASA and CAA can continue to build their empires till they implode, but I won't supply any bricks!