PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Side Slip (wing down/cross control) Landing Technique on Airbus (A330)
Old 9th Nov 2014, 10:30
titaniumwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing the different techniques on different types guys.

Denti, B777 seems to share similar techniques to the B737. The gears can take the no de-crab. But most pilots would.

I was asking for recommendations. Thanks to 737Jock for his recommendation

vilas;
I would like to reiterate my position: I am trying to investigate and reaffirm my knowledge of Airbus FBW laws and characteristics. In the process I also thought about contingency plans for all eng out forced landing piloting techniques especially to losing height at finals in case of being caught high and fast. I am not about to give up in that situation and have learned of a few techniques which did include side slip to lose height in my early days. I have not seen an outright limitation on this nor am I recommending it. Neither could I find a recommended technique for this situation in FCTM. I am open to suggestions and would be enlightened if I could be pointed to the reason(s) as to why not for this technique, be it references or even technical explanation. I have in mind more than 1 technique and had evaluated the plus and minus of each but I always like to learn from others if they are kind enough to offer.
Thanks in advance to those who do. Cheers guys.

Last edited by titaniumwings; 9th Nov 2014 at 10:51.