PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Side Slip (wing down/cross control) Landing Technique on Airbus (A330)
Old 9th Nov 2014, 03:26
titaniumwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again I thank you those who give me advice and recommendations especially on techniques.

I have developed an approach to my operations (but always learning and in the process of refinement). As a pilot it is important to know the books. Attention to limitations are essential. Those are usually non-negotiable. When reading the books attention to the wording is important. Most of them are written with much thoughts. 'Must' and 'should' are used appropriately.

Beyond knowing the books understanding the underlying reasons helps to mature one's operations. This is especially true for recommended techniques. There are many instances of instructors debating over different techniques but the management usually takes the macro view of pilots exercising their judgement and determining what is the best course of actions. This is to the exception where certain techniques which may be prohibited due certain restrictions. These limitations must be adhered to.

I listen to the range of views and opinions especially those with accompanying reasons. This develops my understanding and judgement in determining the best course of action. I will comb the books and web for answers and when not satisfactory I may consult as much resources as I could. After getting the range of opinions I have to evaluate critically and determine the best course of actions.

Nonetheless I appreciate any effort to share. Again, much appreciation for the spirit of sharing guys. Also I will decrab for landing

Ps: Airbus told me that this aircraft can be flown like any other aircraft. But I feel that it is essential to know their FBW laws and characteristics. I also read their FCB: Yaw Disturbances During Takeoff Roll which pay special attention to the improper use of rudder. An accident that I have visited was AA 587 which was a B737 nonetheless. I try to learn from all the incidents and accidents, don't think I live long enough to make all the mistakes especially the ones I learned.