PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2014, 23:18
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I used Edinburgh not as an example of the project as a whole.
But the physical finished product at the actual airport. I'm fully aware of the shocking costs.
But in terms of a building job. And how little space but done to a high standard. .and forgetting the politics of that line. it has given a boost to the Airport.
Respectfully your not understanding the idea. it's nothing like the Scale of Edinburgh. I don't know the full distance from Either the Freight rail head or and other perhaps disused line in the vicinity. I thought there was one.
Or it can branch off from the current Finningley line into the Airport.
Trams can run along the airport roads to the Terminal.
And that would be a short line. And I thought I'd read about a tram train for Rotherham that is both diesel and Electric.
If not the only main expense would be Wiring the line From Doncaster Central.
But ITS NOT impossible. south Yorkshire are building the Rotherham link
There is nothing to stop peel and Network rail
Any Big business from funding it. remember we MUST hit much lower CO2 by 2020. A Tram would be green.
Plus by the time the line was done the trains would already be in service they are meant to be due next year.
Besides who knows. Doncaster might build a tramline from French gate to Finningley Via the Airport and with stops at the new Business park. That alone is a string motivator to supply the new business parks.
It would attract probably currently southern based firms. As they can reach Doncaster from London already quickly.
Couple that with A team it tram train to this huge new redevelopment. making it a limited stop so it was an express tram to the Airport and Business Park. would benefit the airport and the area.
For very little outlay.
As for Edinburgh. it's just the neat terminus they built would look great and work well at Dsa!.
It couldn't fail but to be a winner.
As it expands the catchment far and wide. Sheffield Selby even York. Lincoln and so on.
All of which can't get there easily now.