PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major G.H. Scott, CBE, AFC
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2014, 22:13
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Footless Halls
Thanks Genghis and Bob, I am really pleased that you share my interest in Major Scott and that we share an interest in the rigid airship saga. I need to keep working towards that big Premium Bond and add Major Scott to the list of books to write - he has now gone up the list to next but one I think.

I spotted some comments on youtube somewhere from people who are descendants of Scott's so I think I will contact them. At some point I'll trot over to the Airship Heritage Trust so I can start the process of collecting data from them.

While we have this thread going it would be great if anyone with any contacts, or any info to add, could get in touch. I could get answers to questions like flying experience, etc., from mainstream sources like the National Archive, etc. But any more comments, thoughts, ideas, anecdotes most welcome.
If you're researching a book on Scott, and I'm researching a book on the R101 - feel free to get in touch about pooling resources.

I recently discovered that from the 800ish hours of flight testing in the R33 between 1924 and 1929 that was developing the knowledge of big airship handling - the logs are all in the national archives at Kew. That's on my list of trips to make!

G