PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tutor
Thread: Tutor
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2014, 18:28
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
I have flown the T67M260, the Grob 115 Tutor, the Chipmunk / Supermunk and the Bulldog. For fun and for assessing a student's capacity I would choose the Chippie, for grunt and yee-haw aeros fun I would choose the T67M. Never really liked the Bulldog that much but it is soooo much better than the Tutor in my opinion. You can't see out of the Grob properly, it is too sensitive in pitch at slow speed (which is probably why a few have lost their nose legs on the runway in the past) and it feels underpowered compared to the T67M and the 'Dog.

By the way, I believe that sticking the boot in to increase the roll rate on the Tutor is verboeten by Herr Grob!

As for the Trago Mills - which is actually a shop like a slightly upmarket Poundland in the West Country - the old addage of "it it looks right, it flies right..." comes to mind!

I can't imagine the original iteration was that good? The Rollason Condor was put up against the Bulldog in the light trainer competition as well - can you imagine that being selected as well?!!

LJ

PS. Just found this picture of the T67M proving the look/fly-right equation!