PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finance for modular training ('ATPL Finance')
Old 8th Nov 2014, 16:54
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like the only loan available for someone who isn't working (because they are doing flight training for instance) is a Career Development Loan. However I was told that to be approved for it the company that you do the course with must be registered with the Skills Funding Agency.

In my case I will only need a loan to fund a Type Rating (with a job offer on the end) and I am not sure if Type Rating providers used by airlines such as Ryanair would be registered there. Is it only UK companies that you can be tied to for the CDL?

The whole thing is rather annoying. I have an excellent credit score and lots of good credit history but because I am currently not earning anything (because I am about to start the MEP CPL MEIR full time) it means I can not obtain any sort of normal unsecured bank loan, even if there is a job offer tied to the Type Rating course.

A Career Development Loan sounds like my only option but I'm not sure if I would be allowed to take it out for a TR.

Any info appreciated!