PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beyond credulity.
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2003, 13:17
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I think that most aircrew don’t particularly want to fly as passengers, but when we do, and things go wrong, we know when we are confronted with BS. “Attitude” is formed as a result of experiences.

AA’s responsibilities only lay in their efforts, or lack thereof, made on my behalf. If it is legal to let bags fly without their owners, then that is all there is to that part of the argument, except that it is my opinion that they should have a more responsible attitude. It is this, and this alone, that was the thrust of the original posting.

The fact that I was told that the time allotted was reasonable to cross DFW and quite clearly is not, is just typical of the disregard for passenger wellbeing rife in the industry. It is just one of thousands of complaints made to various airlines, and not really a subject to be aired on pprune. It was the repeated assertion that there was time, when we made a record transit, that irked me.

I have been flying for 40 years and have watched the quality of service diminish, exponentially, in that time.

I tried so hard to wait for my “interliners”, risking a bo**oking from management every time. I have to say however, that I was not under the extreme time constraints of modern slot times.

I still think that hold baggage containing numerous electronic devices, should never have flown without their owners.