PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 8th Nov 2014, 10:01
Null Orifice

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
smudge

I have a few stories that some may find interesting, if only for their historical context. I shall post these in due course. They will cover my time at Colerne on Acceptance Checks and Base Servicing, a subsequent posting to the late, great, 48 at Changi, just in time for Bersatu Padu and the subsequent winding down East of Suez, and finally, on 'A' Line at Lyneham. I intend to keep these tales in an approximately chronological order (following the established trend) but reserve the right to deviate as I see fit (brain fade permitting).

AA62

My memory confirms that yours is still quite good after all this time. The offending relays were visually identical, not that I, a mere engine man, would know if they weren't! Things that go 'click' and don't “hiss or p!$$” shouldn't be allowed! Once the required part had been identified, an electrical tradesman was roused from his pit to perform the necessary, while I filled out the necessary paperwork. Here endeth my involvement with Cutler Hammer relays.