PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Side Slip (wing down/cross control) Landing Technique on Airbus (A330)
Old 8th Nov 2014, 10:00
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goldenrivett
If there was no problem with side slip technique then all that write up was unnecessary, then why not fly wing down cross control like any other aircraft? There is a problem as I mentioned. If you carefully read what you quoted it is applicable in your own words prior to touch down. It does not mean you fly side slip approach and there is a bit of jugglery involved. You fly the crab all the way to flare and when you align the nose down the runway if you start drifting down wind you put on max 5 degrees bank to stop that and if the crosswind is too strong you land with partial drift. I Don't know about 777 but I have flown a lot the 747 and A320 is not flown like that. And I have to disagree with hikoushi about manual thrust in gusty wind. It is exactly opposite of what Airbus recommends. You don't knock out GS Mini and convert AB FBW to Boeing it is not a safe way to fly. It is safer to change your company and fly a Boeing instead.