PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - do do do you remember .........?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2014, 18:45
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back in Norn Irn....

.....late '60s. Families officer (a nice man)popped his cloggs. Until a new one was found Orderly Officer duties were extended to include march outs but not march ins????

My neighbour was posted to Singapore and decided to have a "drink the cupboard dry" party before they left, in fact the night before the march out - what could possibly go wrong?
I was faced, the next morning, with about 4 square feet of plaster ripped off the kitchen wall where he had with one smooth flowing movement yanked the beer tap off the wall where he'd fixed it with 4inch nails "It'll be alright love there'll be four little holes polyfilla will fix" Error!

Madame (who was artistic) had decided to paint a giraffe with its feet on the bottom landing and its neck curving up round the stair well. "Don't you get pissed off with magnolia magnolia bloody magnolia all the time and everywhere?"

And so it went on and on........ F/O Rossian is desparately looking to the barrack warden and the stores wallah and every other rep from admin wing
WTF am I supposed to with this lot? I have no recollection of what the bill came to but it must have been a lot.

To round off their day, when they got on to the motorway in UK off the ferry they were pulled over by Lancashire's finest who essentially took their car off the road. Arranged for everything in the car to go into cardboard boxes and took them to the railway station to continue to Lyneham to catch the Britannia.

Tell the younguns today and they wunt believe you.

The Ancient Mariner