PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Please - Back in the Saddle.
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2014, 07:59
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some saying go some saying no, I would say plan on going but have back ups, look at it the day before and be prepared to drive or go by train. I would certainly agree with those that say stay overnight, that means you can do it without the time pressure, if you do that I see no reason not to take passengers - and any passengers should understand you might need to cancel the flight their OR back!Yes you can do some of the preflight beforehand but as said it normally takes longer than expected to get into the air - you have a long time before this flight so try timing a few times how long it takes you - maybe try booking first slot, go in when flying finishes the day before and see what preflight you can do beforehand (not much that will not need repeating IMHO, as said, fuel and oil can be done, but still need checking - not unknown for thieves to siphon aircraft fuel!) and then see how long it takes to get airborne next morning without rushing things. If you do try and get home at the end of the day have a cut off time to throw it away and stick to this time!