PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2014, 20:41
Flying.Penguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Penguin , Im not taking it personally im just sticking up for my local airport and want to see it survive and improve over the next few years . I am no expert in how to turn the airports fortunes around , Unlike some on this page who seem to have the airport doomed already.. I will leave the new board and new owners to turn the airport around. Unlike you whom thinks it will be shutting soon , Im afraid to tell you it wont be ........
So you have no grounds, information or facts to base your assertions on that Prestwick will be saved?

As for the loan , The SG stated it was a loan and will be repaid back.. I dont know how you can struggle with this , Its not rocket science , Maybe you should check a dictionary if your struggle and that will tell you what " a loan " means
Scottish Government have said something, it must be true then. Governments are know for their expertise on aviation and SNP politicians are know for their honesty. Right?

The reason I struggle to see it as a loan is simply I cannot see how Prestwick Airport will repay the money and for as long as the plug-hole that is the passenger terminal remains open Prestwick will continue to lose money. If Prestwick is losing money then it cannot make money to repay the Scottish tax payer. Thus making said "loan" more comparable to a bailout.

Broxi please leave referendum out of it. going with ur name you prob voted with ur fav football team whom are worth less than a pint of beer.
I'd say this comment is completely out of order and needless. Why stoop to this level? We're all here to discuss our opinions on Prestwick and commercial aviation in general. Completely needles comment.