PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 6th Nov 2014, 17:00
manchestermonarch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All
I have just returned from Doha, having completed the assessment. 8 of us started and 8 of us finished.
Day 1:
1.0 Hand over supporting documentation. Ensure your logbook is signed and STAMPED. Doesn't matter by whom, just make sure it is stamped.
1.1 HR presentation, including all the latest pay scales
1.3 ATPL theory quiz. 50 Q's, 1 Hr. Some of the HPL questions require a bit of prior study, but the rest are relatively ok. Ace will not answer all the flight ops questions. Study METAR codes and ensure you understand all Perf A stuff. Question bank is 2000. PASS/FAIL notified within 2 minutes of the end of the exam.
1.4 No further academic or Technical assessments. Next stage is a standard competency based interview with 2 pilots. Use the S.T.A.R. method of answering and think of a handful of situations through which you can demonstrate the professional skill sets that a pilot should have.
If the Interview goes well you will be invited to fly a sim assessment the following evening. they give you a PASS/FAIL answer within a few minutes.
Day 2:
2.0 Sims are booked between 18:45 and 22:45. The profile is sent to you 5 days before you go out to Doha. It is usually flown on the 320. You can expect to have no automation and no bird. You will fly a couple of radar vectored approaches and have an emergency to TDODAR on the second.
That's it! HR will contact you after a couple of weeks to either invite you to start or reapply in 6 months.
The assessment is valid for 12 months so can be done ahead of having to resign your current position.

If you want a single source study tool then I would recommend investing in the Airline Preparation for Pilot Jobs iPAD App. It gave me everything I needed to attend the assessment with confidence.

Good Luck