PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 6th Nov 2014, 15:50
Null Orifice

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: #1789

Looks like our paths may have crossed, ye Ancient one, albeit several thousand miles apart, back in the early days of the K.
I had the honour (and indeed, pleasure !!) of being Duty Engineering SNCO at Colerne around the time of the aforementioned Bermuda incident. My relatively minor involvement was in the search to rectify the 'No Spares Available' situation in the so-called supply system (more of this in future posts).
I was, on this occasion, requested by Tech Ops to fetch my backside up into the ramp area of each of the Ks on the base, to ascertain the Part No/Manufacturer of the Cutler Hammer item requested. Can't remember what the correct Part No was! This was in the days before the signage you referred to (Part No XXXXXXXXXX) was applied (if my crumbling memory serves me well). Needless to say, a certain amount of 'robbing Peter' took place in the ensuing knock-on effect, in order to meet the target dates for 'frames to return to their respective bases.