PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2014, 14:49
Flying.Penguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12-30 windsock, again you have just responded by accusing people off all sorts of deranged things such as “getting kicks from speaking negatively” about Prestwick rather than accepting that people are in actual fact speaking realistically.

I do not know you and as far as I’m aware nor do any of the other negative nellies here so would you please stop taking the opinions of myself and others so personally.

I struggle to describe the Scottish Governments bailout of Prestwick as a “loan” as that implies the money will be repaid. And as Una Due Tfc correctly pointed out, it can hardly be easy for the team up at Glasgow competing against arguably illegal state-aid being thrown at an airport 30miles away.

As others have pointed out it is rather difficult to “leave politics out of the forum” as is it a government, a political party and politicians who own and run the airport. You have thus far told myself and others to stop posting “negatively” and stop posting “politics” in the Prestwick thread. If you remove these two subject categories from the Prestwick thread then there really isn’t anything worth discussing.

Now if you want myself and others here to speak positively about Prestwick why don’t you give us a reason to? Give us your optimistic views of how the Scottish Government (oops, is that politics?!) are going to turn around the rather ill-fated fortunes of this airport. You seem rather positive about the airports future so what is giving you that positive vibe?