PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2014, 14:11
j636

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@J636 Yes I'd imagine they will use EI FA's on the third (early) DUB-JFK rotation seeing as they have enough staff trained up on that type. (???) However, with expansion you'd think that any company would use their own staff and not someone else's, non? It's about staff protecting their own jobs too I guess. If this was to continue where would it end? Pilots I would think will see it the same way. Just my two cents. Maybe that won't happen and EI staff will be used. I'm only repeating the rumour I'd heard.
I agree in principal however as its for 12 weeks is it really worth training up and employing extra crew. The costs just wouldn't stack up.

You are right the lease agreement would normally be fulled crewed by the operator unless EI have agreed some changes.

If it works well this year it will likely operator for longer in 2016 and then they would train up crew for the B767.

I don't think I'm too far wide of the mark to say all 757 crew Inc cabin crew are employed by ASL? Some EI crew on a secondment also
Flight crew by ASL and all CC by Aer Lingus (many seasonal contracts)