PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIA and Air Anglia
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2014, 20:07
Proplinerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The condition of G-ASKK is a credit to the museum management at Norwich, the paintwork still looks quite good."

Don't forget that my photo dates from more than seven years ago-though I have every hope and expectation that the museum have kept her just as nice-looking; but does someone have a more recent photo?

I've also got a shot taken the same day, of a (differently liveried) Air UK Friendship in the museum, if people would like me to post a link to that-let me know.

It was a very good museum, even down to my being able to take shelter under the hugely accommodating wings of their Vulcan, during an immense cloudburst during my visit! That said tho, an alarmingly large amount of water was coming through the wings at a few points. Ie if you can't get preserved aircraft under cover in the UK, it's unlikely they'll be around forever. But good on all aircraft museums for trying their best-hangarage is very dear (I know, I'm a Chartered Surveyor who deals with commercial property).

I've also got a shot of G-AVPN looking quite nice at Elvington quite a few years ago, so I'll post a link to that shortly-in a bit of a hurry this pm.