PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2014, 19:57
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP

Well said, the purpose of an airport is to allow aircraft to take off and land should they wish to do so, ditto a passenger terminal is for processing passenger, but without flights there won't be passengers and without passenger there is no one to foot the running costs, except that in this far flung corner of Scotland the State has decided that it should stay open, so now the State must foot the bills.

I suspect that the state is now between a rock and a hard place, if they wish to keep it open they must keep pumping money in, to do that there has to be a plan, a vision, a strategy. If not then they cannot justify spending tax payers money to keep it open and closing it would likely result in some rather searching question on who authorised the purchase and why, it will come out of course eventually, by which time the people responsible for this folly will be drawing their ex ministerial pension funded by the tax payer for their incompetence.

Wind Sock, i don't think anyone wants to see the place close, but there comes a point when its has failed and i think it has, that to spend yet more money is just chucking it down the pan, they might as well just pay the staff to sit at home on full pay it would be cheaper and no less productive, think Blackpool