PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Level Omani Jags
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2003, 01:14
A2QFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick the Pooh is alive and well and lurking in the East Midlands! I still have the Pink Panther with his flying suit, log book and the photo album of his kidnap by the Trannies at Seeb. Later in what the Air Secretary imaginatively called "A Planned Career" I had a Silentnight Hippo, almost full size which tried to fly with me in a Bulldog. He was even larger then me and the stick did not have enough movement for flight!. Any Thumrait/Masirah mates please contact me via e mail. My recollection of the RL bomb incident was that they were Pakistani made 500lbers which were left over from the war and, while stored in the open, had been flooded. There were several hundred of them left and we are actually using them instead of practice bombs during FAC training. The fact re the explosion under the aircraft and the O2 fire are correct. The pilot who was dragged across the desert was an ex F4 pilot called Bob P*****. He had spun a 2 seater in and ejected successfully, the other pilot was S**** W****** and he landed so close the wreckage that his parachute was tangled up on the fin! Happy days indeed.