PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2014, 12:47
enrique757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what it is

I agree with NOSEGEARS.
I have almost 2 years as NG FO and looking to move on to a place where you get a decent salary , terms and conditions and where scheduling actually works and lets bidding system do its job.
Two years ago they stopped giving housing to expats ( even thought by government law you are supposed to have) and now rumours are that along with the "union" they are trying to stop paying to those who came in with housing as part of their contract. Yeah , those 800 dollars worth of housing are BEFORE taxes . They do not allow the bidding system to work ( they take around 14 days to release your schedule after the bidding period. Does it sound safe to have 2 consecutive 3 day long and late night ( or early morning ) departures ?
Crew meals are less than desireable. You need anything whatsoever from admin ( letters for a bank , etc ) plan on playing the waiting game.
Plan also on being treated rude , Panama will suck patience out of anyone.
My best advice is to build up time somewhere else.
I was fooled , they do have nice and new planes , but that is it.
Hope my feedback helps , do not be fooled by PCC hiring ad. Copa has bren hiring continously for the last 8 years because AN AVERAGE OF 10-15 pilots leave each month.
1700 bucks base salary before taxes along with flight hours and per diem is not enough for living but for surviving. Groceries , apartments (buy or rent) , partying is all expensive , Panama has a high cost of living
Blue skies to everyone