PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air 200 down at KICT - 4 Fatal
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2014, 08:37
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone said earlier, its all very well in a new aircraft with a company test pilot at the controls. I used to fly the B200 single pilot around Europe, I loved the aeroplane but it was hard work with just me in the front.
If the auto-feather went on strike when the engine did then the pilot would be faced with massive drag, select the right attitude for the single engine climb, not yet realising/knowing that auto-feather hasn't done it's job, but expecting it to and VMCA+10 will be almost impossible to maintain. Add in the fact that after a few years of service no aircraft is as aerodynamically aligned as it is when it leaves the factory and you may just be adding one or two knots to the problem. Add in the "I don't believe it!" couple of seconds and everything will start to go wrong mighty quick.

I used to do Citation recurrency training in that building, like all FSI locations it is staffed by dedicated professionals who love to fly. The pilot of the B200 seems to have been a similar person. One day Cirrus Falcon will get to be trained by/fly with such people, then he might realise that his comments have been somewhat offensive, many of us on this site have seen dead friends/colleagues have their skills and standards questioned by amateurs who knew nothing about them or their standards and that this is a PROFESSIONAL PILOTS RUMOUR NETWORK and he isn't a pro yet.

SND