PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air 200 down at KICT - 4 Fatal
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2014, 07:30
belowradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just back from C90 GTI Kingair training in. Wichita at flightsafety

Very shocking accident. One instructor is recovering in hospital.

Obviously I paid attention when it came to EFATO drills and I saw for myself that if you do nothing else but fly the correct pitch attitude the aircraft is controllable and will climb away. This is true feathered or not , gear up or not, flaps or not. Emphasised by instructor and examiner who both advised concentrate very carefully on achieving and maintaining the correct pitch attitude with wings level.

Saying that it requires a lot of focus and feels weird to not worry about anything else to avoid getting distracted. There is a natural tendency to want to do something such as we are told to do like Gear, flaps etc but there is a short time window of a few seconds whee if you do not nail the attitude you will most likely loose control. Asfter what seems like a long time but is only a matter of a few minutes you can then clean things up. Practice this many times with special emphasis and it works BUT I was expecting the problem and was being coached very carefully on what to do. The first time I reacted "normally" without expecting it I lost control.

Condolences to all of the people who lost loved ones