PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air 200 down at KICT - 4 Fatal
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2014, 02:39
army_av8r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, I'm a firm believer that speculating at the round table on Monday morning is a necessary part of pilot training and mentoring, and that even though speculation doesnt change the outcome, it can certainly provide some relevent Table Talk for new and seasoned pilots alike... but to suggest that a well respected Aviator (who transmitted a hasty MAYDAY call during the emergency) would then deliberately crash a plane is ludicrous. I know that this sort of incident has happened before... but it had all the indicators of a preplanned attack, this has NONE. I still speculate that this was more than just a "simple" engine failure on takeoff, but more likely a loss of Prop control or a failure to reverse thrust(which would be worse case IMO) maybe even a simple engine failure, without the ability to Autofeather for whatever reason. I really would be surprised if it was simply an EO on takeoff. but then again, there isn't much of a worse point for that to happen either. I respect people who offer speculation to spark meaningful learning and conversation, because it reminds people to go back and review there own procedures, and knowledge base... but don't bring ridiculous ideas here.