PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air 200 down at KICT - 4 Fatal
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2014, 17:49
tommoutrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll give you a reason not to post something as stupid as that. The loved ones and friends of those who have lost their lives will be searching for a reason right now. They are likely to find this site and the suggestion that this was a deliberate act will be offensive and upsetting to them. Also, you are talking absolute rubbish. If the failed engine wasn't feathered the aircraft would have been bloody difficult to fly, let alone make it climb. I'd love to see the reference where you got the idea that feathering makes little difference.

I've had hundreds of engine failures, engine separations, compressor surges, electrical failures, hydraulic failures, control jams etc, some of them in the very hall that has been destroyed by the aircraft thats just crashed into it. The rest have also generally been in simulators. Its a certainty that this pilot lost his life doing everything he could to stay alive. Its clear from a quick search about him that he was a dedicated aviation professional and he was well respected by those who knew him. I remember having muffins and special "keep awake during the afternoon session" coffee with one of the instructors who has lost his life and he was an extremely likeable, knowlegeable, friendly helpful bloke who I know will be missed by his family and all who worked with him and I'll tell you something that he is likely to have quietly said
"you learn in this business if you listen more, talk less, and think hard"